Drug Take Back Day at the Library
BCL will be partnering with the Rensselaer County Sheriff’s Department for a Drug Take Back Day on Saturday, July 15th @ 10-12. You can turn in your unused or expired prescription medication at the library for safe disposal.
Monthly Adult Art Class and Fundraiser at the Library!
Adult Paint and Sip
Friday, July 30th @ 6pm,
Come paint with us! Cost is $20 and BYOB
You may sign up here, but your seat will not be held until you pay, so come in and pay today!
Adult Yoga Hour
Wednesdays @ 6pm Saturdays @ 4pm
Come to our free yoga class with certified yoga instructor Sara! This drop in class is great for beginners. We do have some mats available but feel free to bring your own. Class takes place inside the library, after regular library hours.
No registration required, but is first come first serve, so please arrive promptly.
Book and Movie Series
This group meets on the third and fourth Fridays of every month, at 12:30. The first time we discuss the book, the second we watch the movie. You are welcome to come for either, or both weeks. Come for the book and movie; enjoy the refreshments!
- July 21 & 28–Tales of the South Pacific
- August 18 & 25–The Jungle Book
- September 15 & 22–The Shack
- October 20 & 27–The Shootist
- November 17–Our Vines Have Tender Grapes
- December 15–Meet Me in St. Louis
Popular Fiction Book Club
The book group meets on the last Monday of the month @ 6pm. Enjoy some wine, light snacks and a great discussion with new friends! Please check below for dates and books.
Sleepwalker – July 31st
- Underground Railroad – August 28th
- A Year of Wonders – September 25th
- The Little Red Chairs – October 30th
- My Husband’s Wife – November 27th
- Everybody’s Fool – December 18th
- Daughters of the Dragon – January 29th
Whether it’s knitting, sewing or crocheting, you are more than welcome to come to the library to work on your project! Share some techniques, tell a story, but most important make some friends while you work on creating something beautiful !
Every Thursday, 1-2:30pm
Senior Bridge Club
Do you love bridge or want to learn how to play? Then come to our Senior Bridge Club! (Not a Senior? That’s okay too!)
No registration required!
Friends’ of the Library Book Sale
- Saturday, July 29th @ 10:30-2pm
- Saturday, October 28th @ 10:30-2pm