We accept material that is less than ten years old and in good condition. Donations that do not meet the needs of our library collection will be contributed to our book sale or discarded.
What we want:
· Hardcover and Paperback Books published in the last ten years.
· Recent best sellers
· Movies and audiobooks (DVDs, and CDs)
· Music CDs
· Children’s books
What we don’t want:
· Books in poor condition (e.g. yellowed or torn pages, broken bindings, musty, no covers, highlighted or marked)
· Text books
· Reader’s Digest Condensed books
· Older (5+ years) reference books
· Audio/Video or Music Cassette tapes
We are happy to provide you with a letter acknowledging your gift. Please ask for a letter at the time of your donation.
IRS regulations (26 CFR sect. 1.170A13) place responsibility for estimating the value of donations upon the donor rather than on the recipient of the gift.
- Place donations in boxes or bags.
- Limit donations to one or two boxes at a time.
- Call in advance if you have a large amount of material.
- Please bring donations when the library is open
- PLEASE do not place donations in our book drop.