The Brunswick Community Library is a Passport Acceptance Agency. We accept applications for new U.S. passports. (All passport renewals are processed by mail ONLY.)
If you would like to submit an application for a passport, call or email the library to make an appointment.
Appointments can be made for Mon–Saturday, from 10:00am-5:30pm, based on Staff Availability
You will need to present the following:
- Proof of citizenship: original or certified copy of your birth certificate, produced by a municipality (town or city or county or state), with the names of both parents on it;
- Proof of identity, such as: driver’s license, state ID;
- Passport photo (they’re done while you wait at AAA, some Wal-Marts, Walgreens, etc.);
- Two checks or money orders (there are two fees–the library can accept our fee in cash or check of $35; the fee to the US Dept. of State must be mailed, so payment must be by check or money order. Depending on how many passports/cards the fees can vary, to calculate your fee please visit this website: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/fees.html
- and your own smiling face–You must appear in person. If a child aged 15 or younger is in need of a passport, both parents MUST appear in person with the child. If this is impossible, the guardian must fill out a waiver, which can be found here.
For more detailed information, go to the U.S. Dept of State’s Passport Agency website by clicking here. There are additional requirements for children, and other special cases. You will find processing times, fees, FAQ’s, online forms, etc.
If you are traveling soon, and need to speed the process go to this page on the US State Dept’s site Get a Passport in a Hurry.