The Brunswick Community Library is a Passport Acceptance Agency. We accept applications for new U.S. passports. (All passport renewals are processed by mail ONLY.)
If you would like to submit an application for a passport, call or email the library to make an appointment. Appointments can be made for Mon–Friday, from 12:30 to one half hour before the library closes.
You will need to present the following:
- Proof of citizenship: original or certified copy of your birth certificate, produced by a municipality (town or city or county or state), with the names of both parents on it;
- Proof of identity, such as: driver’s license, state ID;
- Passport photo (they’re done while you wait at AAA, some Wal-Marts, Walgreens, etc.);
- Two checks or money orders (there are two fees–the library can accept our fee in cash or check; the fee to the US Dept. of State must be mailed, so payment must be by check or money order;
- and your own smiling face–you must appear in person, even if you’re one day old!
For more detailed information, go to the U.S. Dept of State’s Passport Agency website by clicking here. There are additional requirements for children, and other special cases. You will find processing times, fees, FAQ’s, online forms, etc.